Get tested. Get educated. Get involved.
Learn the facts about HIV/Aids and the strides that have been made over the years. Learn about how it is transmitted and how it can be prevented. This knowledge will help us live healthier and take care of others.
Here are some facts about HIV in the UK from www.WorldAidsDay.org:
- Over 90% of people with HIV were infected through sexual contact
- You can now get tested for HIV using a saliva sample (this, I didn’t know!)
- HIV is not passed on through spitting, biting or sharing utensils
- Only 1% of babies born to HIV positive mothers have HIV
- You can get the results of an HIV test in just 15-20 minutes
- There is no vaccine and no cure for HIV
Please note that these figures may be different in your part of the world.